Hello and welcome to Magick Month! For the entire month of October The Guitar Witch will be posting a new tip or challenge to help your creativity flourish and pulse with all the energy and life it deserves! You can find previous days here. Today I talk about how to shield your energy and share my Shield Your Energy Worksheet with you.
Energy is sacred
Your time, energy, money, and attention are all being clamoured at by advertisers, the people around you, and your own internal imbalances. Your energy is precious and needs to be partitioned out with conscientiousness and control. Protect that which you develop so that you may have more to give.
Below is a short worksheet that you could fill out to see where you may have energy leakages – be they of your time, finances, physical health, or psyche.
In any area, the overall theme is:
- Measure how you spend your time and energy
- Recognize what empowers you and what drains you
- State boundaries clearly
- Defend boundaries from yourself and others
- Reward yourself in some way for staying true to your desires
- Practice extreme mindfulness when you are in stressful situations
- Accept negative emotions and experiences while simultaneously working to change them
Shield Your Energy Worksheet
PDF can be found HERE.
- What would you prefer to be doing with your time?
- In what ways do you waste time or allow others to impose on your time?
- How can you avoid these situations?
- What are you willing to give up in order to protect your time?
- When you are stuck in a time-wasting situation (e.g., stuck in traffic), how can you use that time to your advantage? How can you cope?
- In what ways do you waste money?
- Can you find alternatives to spending (e.g. learning to cook a favourite take-out meal)?
- What would you prefer to be spending on or saving for?
- What are you willing to give up in order to protect your finances?
- Do you spend a lot of time being exposed to advertisements on the internet or television? What can you do to counter messages that you are not already enough?
- When an unexpected expense comes up, what can you do to cope in a healthy way?
- In what ways do you not value your health or safety?
- What are some things you could do to treat yourself better or protect yourself?
- How do you feel when your physical self is damaged or dysfunctional?
- How would you prefer to feel?
- What are you willing to give up in order to protect your physical self?
- When you are ill or injured, what are some ways you can cope in a healthy way, without defeatist self-talk?
- How would you like to feel emotionally and spiritually?
- In what ways do you not protect your psychological and emotional health?
- Who or what do you expect to hurt you emotionally?
- How can you protect yourself?
- What are you willing to give up in order to protect your psyche?
- If you are emotionally or mentally suffering, what healthy strategies can you use to help yourself feel better (e.g., journaling, meditation, talking with a friend)?
Everyone has parts of their life where energy slips out, where we lose sight of the bigger pictures, when we succumb to social or internal pressures to consume or conform or give up a piece of ourselves that we know we shouldn’t.
And that is ok. The important part is the recognition, the attention, and the realization that we are active participants in the illusions and oppressions that we are under. With this recognition comes the power to change, and even the most minimal change, even in perception alone, can confer a high degree of self-esteem and functionality back to ourselves.
Hopefully, when you go through this Shield Your Energy Worksheet you’ll realize ways that you can hold yourself and your energy in a more whole and harmonious way.
If you have any questions do not hesitate to comment below.
Thanks for reading!
~ Blessed Be and Happy Creating ~
Love What I do? Leave me a Tip Here! <3
Still struggling? Contact Us for a Consultation